Our very long inspection checklist keeps your roof in top shape
One of the most important and valuable services we provide at Precision Roof Crafters is the comprehensive 22-point inspection and evaluation of a property's roof system. Performing that check of all the vital components of the roof will tell us if there are any hidden or lingering problems that could turn into bigger expensive flare ups down the road, and determine if there are any enhancements or other work that will need to be done to keep everything in good working order.
We won't get into every point of the inspection here, but people often ask us how there can be so many components of a roof that need to be looked at and evaluated.
Here are the main points of the Precision Roof Crafters roof evaluation:
- Start in the attic interior and check the underdeck for stains that indicate leaks
- Inspect the rafters individually to see if they're pulling apart anywhere or show any stains from water leaks
- Check the attic insulation for moisture
- Inspect the plumbing components in the attic space and make sure there's proper venting since exhaust vents often get directed into the attic
- Also check that the fresh air intake vent is working properly
- Then we head outside and look at the soffit intake to make sure there's no deterioration
- Visually check the fascia for signs of deterioration
- Inspect gutters and down spouts to make sure they're flowing properly and not damaged
- Then we head to the top of the roof and look over the shingles or other cover to make sure water is flowing off of them properly
- We check all the roof's ridges and gables, the roof surface and its UV protectant component
- As we walk around we check the substrate integrity to see if there are any soft points
- Inspect the various fasteners to make sure they're adequate
- Check all the flashing around vents, as well as the flashing around any skylights that are installed
That list and more is what members of our Overhead Club Yearly Maintenance Program have performed, so they're always aware of what is going on with their roof system. It gives them some peace of mind that a small problem won't linger and become an expensive one, which is the best service we can give them in the long run.