Roofs are exposed to the elements at all times, which makes regular roof maintenance a must if you want to ensure the longevity of a roof. Proper care and maintenance of a roof is essential to ensure its longevity. A careful periodic inspection of the roof and frequent internal inspections of the walls and attic close to the roof should be done in order to evaluate the state of your roof. It is advised that you consult a profesional Houston roofing contractor to conduct a scheduled roof inspection, especially if you notice any leaks.
The best way to prevent your roof from breaking down prematurely is to regularly maintain it. Regular maintenance ensures that your roof will stay strong and keep your home safe, dry, and comfortable for many years. With regular roof maintenance, you won’t have to worry about unexpected leaks springing up during a thunderstorm or mold unknowingly growing and spreading in your attic. Regular maintenance solves all of those nasty issues and more. To regularly maintain your roof, here are a few things you should do at least once a year:
- Inspect your gutters – Keep your gutters clear of leaves and debris. When wet, that extra clutter can weigh down your gutters causing them to pull away from your home and cause costly damage. Blocked gutters also mean that water may be overflowing and running down the exterior of your home. That increased water can erode the dirt that helps stabilize your foundation!
- Inspect your attic – Walk around in your attic and look for any mold that may be beginning to grow in your attic. You may also look for damp or set spots that would be prone to mold growth as well. Should you find mold, contact a professional to have it removed.
- Inspect your skylights – Regularly clean your skylights. With falling leaves and debris, they can stick to your skylights leaving scratches or even discoloring them. It’s best to clear away any foreign objects and clean your skylights to avoid those problems and ensure that the skylight remains strong so that it may hold up to future storms.
- Inspect the remainder of your roof – You’ve looked at both your attic and skylights. Once you’re on your roof, take a walk around and inspect the rest of it. Make sure that chunks of shingles are not missing. Clear away any large branches or debris that could affect the structural quality of your roof. Look at the flashing attached to your chimney; make sure it doesn’t appear to be deteriorating. Also, take a moment to examine your vents and see if they’re blocked or working properly.
Execute these few small tips, and you’ll have a happy, healthy roof for many years to come.
Our Houston Roofing Contractors Provide These Detailed Services
We Provide Roof Maintenance Services in the following areas:
Houston, TX | Galveston, TX | Sugarland, TX | Stafford, TX | Katy, TX | Spring, TX | The Woodlands, TX | Tomball, TX | Magnolia, TX | Cypress, TX | Kingwood, TX | Pasadena, TX | Clear Lake, TX | Friendswood, TX | Pearland, TX | Bellaire, TX | West University Place, TX | Hunters Creek Village, TX | Hedwig Village, TX | Piney Point Village, TX | Bunker Hill Village, TX | Hillshire Village, TX | Spring Valley, TX | Pecan Grove, TX
Why Houston Should Hire Us for Their Roof Maintenance
Since 1996 the expert Houston roofing contractors at Precision Roof Crafters have been serving the Southeast Region of Texas with renovation, catastrophe restoration and new construction services. We have completed over 14,000 projects across the country with zero failures - a testament to our unyielding commitment to client satisfaction. Our experience and dedication to our clients set us apart from other roofing companies in the Houston area, and make us your top choice for roofing services.
Precision Roof Crafters also provides customers with our special Overhead Care Club© to ensure proper roof maintenance at a money saving advantage. Clients who enroll in this program receive: Annual Gutter Cleaning of up to 150 feet, Reduced Diagnostic Fee of $19.95, 10% Discount on Repairs, Guaranteed Appointments within 24 hours*, and the Roof Care Advantage (including 22 Point Safety Analysis, Debris Removal, Skylight Cleaning and Attic Analysis). Contact Precision Roof Crafters today for more information and how you can start saving on your roofing today with these great deals.
Recent Articles about Roof Maintenance
- Houston Roof Repairs: Recondition Your Overall Roofing
- Houston Roof Maintenance: Metal Roofing is a Good Choice